Woman and 11-year-old daughter electrocuted in Anambra
A woman, 55, and her daughter, 11, were electrocuted on Monday evening in their shop located along Nnewichi in Nnewi North Local Government Area of Anambra State.
According to reports gathered by The Nation, the departed were said to be in their shop located along St Peter’s junction Okpuno.
While inside the shop, a high tension wire fell on the roof of the shop, and they were electrocuted.
The victims were taken to a nearby hospital by consolers. There they were confirmed dead.
Sector Public Education Officer, Federal Road Safety Corps, Pascal Anigbo, Confirming the incident, said the victims were already dead prior to the arrival of FRSC rescue team from Nnewi Unit Command.
He said, “At about 5.01pm, it was reported that a high tension wire opposite St. Peters Clavers, along Nnewi-Nnobi road cut and fell on the roof of a shop, electrocuting two (2) female adult victims.
“The victims were rushed to Rose of Sharon Hospital by sympathizers, before the arrival of FRSC rescue team from Nnewi Unit Command,” he said.
“The team on reaching the hospital, learnt that the doctors had confirmed them dead.
“The Sector Commander Federal Road Safety Corps Anambra State, CC Andrew A. Kumapayi stresses on the importance of ensuring that vehicles are checked and serviced regularly, with particular interest in the braking systems, to prevent avoidable road mishaps.
“Traders and shop owners are also advised not to build shops under high tension wires. They should seek approval from relevant authorities before construction of any structure, along the road.”
The post Woman and 11-year-old daughter electrocuted in Anambra appeared first on Within Nigeria.